Chocolate Banana Nut Protein Bars
Chocolate Banana Nut Protein Bars – serves 8
4 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
4 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
2 cups rolled oats
4 medium bananas
1/2 cup Nestle Tollhouse mini chocolate chips (ingredients indicate no HFCS)
2 tbsp natural chunky peanut butter
1/8 cup cashews
1/8 cup almonds
3/4 cup granulated Splenda
1 tsp salt
1. Grease a 9×13 cake pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a dry blender, process one cup of rolled oats into flour.
3. Put all these dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir together: oat flour, remaining rolled oats, protein powder, chocolate chips, Splenda, and salt.
4. Break up peeled bananas and place in blender and puree them. Add the peanut butter and nuts and blend until nuts are chopped up.
5. Stir the banana-nut puree together with the dry ingredients and mix completely.
6. Pour batter into cake pan and make sure it is spread evenly in the pan.
7. Bake for 20 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean from center).
8. Remove from pan before completely cooled to avoid it from sticking on the bottom.
9. Cut into 8 bars.
Nutrition Profile per bar:
Protein – approx. 28 g
Carbs – approx 39 g
Fat – approx 10 g
Calories – approx 375